Coronet

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Canon 400D, 100mm, 1.6 @ f9, ISO 200; stacked in Helicon Focus ( maybe 5-6 images )

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

A dahlia centre - taken a few years ago.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
2 Likes

Ian: Just marvelous! I love the color and the details in the center especially. The dark LLC is just the right amount for my tastes and a real complement to the color of the flower. Most excellent. >=))>

Ian, this is a beautiful flower, and you did such a find job capturing it.

A beautiful job, Ian. I love the detail in the center of the flower and the stage of development at which you shot it. My one nit is the abrupt truncation of the center petal on the right, which for some reason I find disturbing. If other folks chime in with the same reaction, you might try paying with borders to see if you can alleviate it. If no one else is bothered, just chalk it up to an individual quirk.

Beautiful flower captured and presented very well. Love the color, details and composition. I agree with Dennis with the central petal truncated, but allowing it would have brought more darker background and would that be a distraction? Hard choice.