Crack of Dawn

Description:Early morning sun filters through this old growth forest in Cooks National Forest ,located in Cooks County,PA

Specific Feedback Requested:

any and all comments are appreciated

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Is this a composite? (focus stacks or exposure blends are not considered composites)
NO

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Terrific continuity in the parallel lines through the frame. I find the contrast a bit overwhelming and prefer softer looks with these type of scenes, but that’s my preference. The tree trunks in the middle seem a bit oversaturated and overexposed - you haven’t listed any technical info so I don’t know where this happened, in camera or in post - but it looks forced. I like the colors overall, but maybe tone down the greens a bit. There’s a nice story here and I’m glad you got up for it.

James, this view tells a very inviting story. I like the long shadows leading back to the trees. The sunstar and the green streak of lens flare are good adding well to the sense of depth. My description did say, “without the sun in the frame”, but that doesn’t detract from this fine view.