Crested Butte Perspective

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Simply a wide angle perspective of a scene. I had to search for a perspective in composition which did not have bare spots, I think I was successful.

Technical Details

24mm f/9 1/100 iso 500

1 Like

Mario, I’d say you’re correct. This is a wonderful scene and can only be bettered by having been there… :+1:
Only thoughts for change might be to elevate exposure or brighten it slightly… :thinking:
No nits at all just a thought for another look in the end… :sunglasses:

I think you’ve got a winner here, Mario. The colors are rich and yet not over the top. They seem right to me. The light is right for this time of day and the composition is right on. The trees lean out due to the lens, which you can change in photoshop if you want to. I’m not sure it’s necessary. Great job

Lovely rich color and light Mario. I also like your perspective.

I really like those fantastic bands of colour in the sky! :slight_smile:

What lovely colors. I can imagine standing right there in a mountain meadow watching the sunset.

Hi Mario. I can relate to everything others have already wrote. The scene is beautiful. Those bands in the sky with the flowers in the foreground really make up a special scene.

I think that composition-wise you managed to lead the eye nicely throughout the frame. I was immediately attracted to the yellow flowers, standing out so nicely. That nice arrow shape they form and the closure of the frame from both sides by the tall cypress trees, leads the eye directly to the magnificent sky.

If I need to think of something I might have tried to do a bit differently, it would probably be the ratio between the sky and ground. Having such powerful sky, there’s always the dilemma of what’s more important in the image - the sky or the foreground. It’s a dilemma I often encounter myself. In my experience, having more foreground and less sky often result in more powerful images. In this image, I think approaching the flower from a slightly higher perspective, tilting the camera down so there are less sky and more flower / foreground, might have enhanced your already beatiful image. Not that I’m saying it’s an easy tradeoff, as you have the cypresses on the edges, and cropping their top probably wouldn’t work. That is of probably a matter of personal preference.

Regarding the rest, on my screen the brightness of the image is spot on. There are enough details in the trees, while the lack of sun is apparent - bringing out the colors in the sky, while the ground seems very natural to my eye. Really love how you processed the sky and foreground.