Crested Butte

Specific Feedback Requested

Composition/Processing

Technical Details

200mm f/11 1/6 sec iso 100

2 Likes

The yellows at the top are a little hot, otherwise a beautiful painting, well done.

A really nice scene, like it a lot. The part in shadow with the green trees are IMO very important compositional elements. Well found and executed!

Since I found the the green trees important I would have liked a little bit more space at the right side.

I guess the colors where very strong in the field and that is what you show, but anyhow I have to agree with Dan.

Thank you Ola, I agree and have added space to right.

TY Dan I did reduce exposure to aspens.

Mario, this is a wonderful composition of fall color. Nicely seen. I agree with @Dan_Kearl that the very top trees could use a bit of highlight reduction and desaturation with selective color.

Other than that, minor nit, this is wonderful.

Love this capture Mario – I’m picturing it as a 3X3 foot oil painting dominating a well-lit wall somewhere. Couple of thoughts: I’d like to see more of the scene, like a 16X9 crop. Don’t know if the file captures that. The square works but my eye longs to sweep across the scene horizontally. I have a similar shot from Utah which captures the horizontal bands of different colors stacked on top of each other. That one is cropped as a vertical 16X9. The challenge there, which is happening here too, is that the quality of light is different on each band, so my spruce forest band is too dark, the volcanic rock above it is just right and and the aspens below – both blown off white and still bearing yellow leaves are just right. I could probably fix it by going back and waiting until the light was right on the whole scene. Could have done it that day, but was too excited running around capturing the fall wonderland.