Dante's View

Specific Feedback Requested

Any and all feedback is appreciated but what I would really like feedback on is the cloning. I cloned out the entire road in the bottom right area. Is it obvious? Should I re-do it? I feel like it looks terrible but we’re our own worst critic. Let me know what you think!

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No

@stefanie.goo

Hey @Stefanie_Goo

As far as the cloning goes if there was a road there it sure fools me. I think the cloning is done very nicely.
I like how the image was created around the contrast of those tones of sand and the gorgeous textures on it.
I would, maybe, try a “squearish” crop from the rigth to center the eye even more on the brighter parts.

Great image IMO, thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Beautiful abstract with lot of energy, Stefanie. I agree, the cloning worked out well. Nicely seen and captured…

1 Like

@João_Ferrão thank you for your reply! I’m glad to hear you think the cloning was done well.
@linda_mellor Thanks so much. I appreciate the feedback.

Hi @Stefanie_Goo , I always love Dante’s View. It is such a cool abstract created by nature. When I see this scene I always have to think twice about where the horizon is, and what is “level”. I love your take on this scene. The colors are great and the abstractness is just great.

1 Like

Hey @Mark_Muller thank you! I love Dante’s View as well - it’s a new favorite in DV. I appreciate your feedback!

This is a really nice abstract Stefanie, and I love you use of these soft, muted colors. The variety of earth tones here is really nice. My only suggestion would be similar to @João_Ferrão , make a slight crop from the right to put a bit more emphasis on the patterns in the left/center.

1 Like

@Ed_McGuirk Hey, thanks Ed! I always appreciate your feedback. I’m having a tough time with wanting to crop it… I actually like that the white patterns are off center and I enjoy the subtle textures in the darker right hand side… I don’t like the idea of it being so square. Is the uncropped a total deal breaker? I hope not! I think next time I’ll try and shoot it verticle!

I think this image is stronger as a horizontal (it allows more of the dark brown to appear). In addition, I would not prefer to see a square crop either. My suggestion was a small crop from the right edge, to slightly reduce the amount of negative space in the the LRC. Rework for illustration. Subtle change for sure, but I think it helps a bit.

A very pleasing abstract of this interesting segment of Death Valley. Personally, I have had difficulty with the atmospheric haze during the evening and morning hours. I tried dihaze on some of my images and it seems to improve the “look” .