Desert Cottontail

What technical feedback would you like if any? General comments on how to improve.

What artistic feedback would you like if any? overall interest in the image

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Canon 7D M II, EF-100-400 4.5/5,6L IS II USM

1/640 @ F-13 ISO 800, hand held.

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

John, I wish I had some good helps for you on this shot of the cute little desert bunny. I do like his stance, and the leaf in his mouth, but there is so much distractions to me, around him, behind him, and even the limb that hangs down in front of him, that I don’t know what to tell you that would help. Maybe someone else has some advice. You have a great pose, good detail in his fir, so it sure would be nice if someone can help you with it. I’m just not that good at the post processing. If you had the chance to take the shot again, a more open aperture could help alleviate some of the background distractions.

I should have included that this photo was taken around 12:15pm. Possibly a lower angle of view would have helped with the BG, I just can’t get that low. Thank you for your comments.

I believe you were down low enough, but I know what you mean, I can get down, it is just the getting back up, so sometimes I find myself not putting myself through that, at the expense of not getting the best shot. But hey, we are still out there shooting! I do believe in this case, after looking at your settings, it is that f13 that hurt you the most. It is easy to do, forget to change a setting from one shot to the next, especially if we get excited about the subject.