It's a boy!

I found this newly born bunny abandoned in my yard yesterday. All the outdoor cats in my neighborhood have evaporated. The bunny population has expanded considerably as a result.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: iso 400, 100-400 plus 1.4X at 185 mm, f8, 2000th, A7R3, handheld, full frame

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Wonderful capture and colors, focuses on the rabbit and good fade out of the ground cover.
I am not sure how to improve on it - maybe consider a bit more canvas on the left and top sides?
(BTW- advice from 4 years working at a Wildlife Rescue Center - mother rabbits leave their newborns for 6-12 hrs at a time -they are not abandoned. If you see one, just leave it and monitor from a distance…)

Oh my God. This is cute. Yes, I do want a little more room at the top. Since the tail is a bit bright, you might want to also consider a mild highlight burns from the left, David. That will bring more attention to the face.

An interesting place to find a bunny, David. Nice shot. I agree with a bit of room on top, and Adhika’s suggestion is excellent (and gives me some ideas for processing images that I hadn’t thought of).