Desert transitions

Third image from Death Valley. After hiking the trail to Natural Bridge, on the way back to the parking lot I was struck by the valley floor looking west. The different brown tones and subtle and not so subtle transitions caught my eye.

Specific Feedback Requested

For me there is no main subject, rather the image is about the different tones, shapes, and lines. I’m not sure if this is enough?

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No

4 Likes

I like both the concept and the image. I made a couple of minor changes I thought I would throw out there. Real nice abstract. The colors and intersecting tones and lines work really well for me.

Great abstract, Dean. I get lost in it so easily. Well done.

This is more than enough for me, your image is a very interesting “grand abstract”. The colors are subtle and muted, but that is a large part of it’s appeal to me. And the strip of bright white adds some contrast that creates a nice anchor point to the image.

I also like that the scale of this scene is not necessarily immediately apparent, but becomes so as you study it. A very well done abstract Dean, I’m enjoying it a lot.

Thank you, Harley, David, and Ed. The feedback inspires me to continue challenging myself with abstracts.

Excellent large scale abstract Dean. It is definitely all about the lines, earth tones, and beauty in the desert.

1 Like

Dean, this is neat. At first glance, I was thinking east coast seashore with modest surf and a cloudy sky. It works very well as an abstract and is even more intriguing when I realized that it was all land.

1 Like

Quite enough interest for me – very well done! I love that the scale isn’t obvious.

1 Like