Detritus

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

This was at the bottom of some kind of large tank. It was very dark down there, so rather challenging with no lighting and hand holding.

Specific Feedback

I’d love to have suggestions on how this could be improved.

Technical Details

1/80 sec @f8, ISO 1600

I am not sure about suggestions for improvement, Chis. I personally, love the soft earth tone colors and also how the natural diagonal the leaves have created. The triangular shape creates some breathing space, at least for me. Nicely seen and captured.

I love the rust texture that marries the surrounding damp leaves. I think this photo lends itself to muted tones, and I appreciate how you captured the light on those feature leaves. Nice composition.

@madd_laura @linda_mellor Thank you very much for your descriptive comments. Always nice to hear what others see in a photo.

1 Like

A very nice find. Great that you saw the potential and I like the composition you made and the soft colors.
I have no suggestions for improvement. Maybe I’d crop a tiny bit, to make it exactly square.

Chris, I think this look good as presented. The darker debris is set off well by those two lighter leaves, with the third leaf helping with the luminosity transition between the brights and darks. It’s one of those, just started to notice things :thinking:, where this year I’ve “discovered” that the bottom sides of many fallen leaves are much brighter than the top sides. This view takes advantage of that well.

@Mark_Seaver @Han_Schutten Thank you very much for your wonderful input.