Dogwood

The neighbor’s Western Dogwoods (planted) are in full bloom and three mornings ago there was some soft light and almost no air movement, and I managed to do some focus stacks. (The trees are just their side of the creek that divides us, in the shade of a couple of lovely old oaks with a hillside of native grass for a BG.) I managed to get several blooms but this was my favorite.

Specific Feedback Requested

All comments welcome!

Technical Details

Canon R5, 100mm macro, f/4.5, ISO 800, 1/320 sec, stack of probably about 15. Almost no tweaks in LR, in PS a crop from the bottom and a soft focus treatment.

1 Like

Soft and fresh. Oh lovely. Not sure we have dogwood up this way. Maybe. These are two of probably hundreds of blossoms so nice job isolating them. Wish the leaf on the left was complete, but I know you have to cut somewhere with scenes like these. Super detail in most of the whites.

Such a lovely reminder of spring, Diane. Even though you’ve stacked the flower, the image still retains a wonderful soft feel. A very peaceful scene for tired eyes.

Awesome, Diane. Reminds me of the time I spent a spring week in Yosemite chasing the dogwoods. I had too much wind though.

Well done on the focus stack too. Great processing.