Western Dogwood

I’ve almost missed the Dogwood this year. The only time to shoot it is very early light when the wind is calm. And no luck with dew or light raindrops this year.

Specific Feedback Requested

All comments welcome!

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
It is a focus stack but from the description of composite, a stack doesn’t seem to qualify. Canon R5, 100-500 at 200, f/13, ISO 800, 1/200 sec. Low opacity cloning to clean up the BG; Glamour Glow and Classical Soft Focus.

2 Likes

I like the composition and the white bloom against all that green. The leaves in front and behind the flower frame it nicely and your frame is a nice addition.

1 Like

Diane you got a very nice capture of the Dogwood flower. The flower is in really good shape. I like how you got the focus centered on the flower bud. Nice framing and nice colors. My small nit preference would be to have the flower extend just a tiny bit more into the frame.
A really nice feel to the photo.

Nice capture and an unusual angle. We have had a windy spring so capturing a single flower on a moving branch has not been possible for me this year. So nice to see the beauty of the single flower.