Duck Brook Carriage Road Bridge

I haven’t visited all of the 17 carriage bridges in Acadia NP, but my favorite by far of the ones I have is the Duck Brook Carriage Road bridge. This was the 11th one built and I have to say it is very striking with it’s three spans and four turrets as it crosses Duck Brook. In addition to the bridges there are 45 miles of carriage roads, all of which were funded by John D. Rockefeller Jr. Rockefeller; who was an accomplished horseman; commissioned the bridges and carriage roads as a means of escaping the motorized traffic in and about the Bar Harbor area. Local craftsman and granite from the surrounding area were used as much thought was put in to making these beautiful structures blend in with the surrounding environment.

As always thanks for taking the time to take a look and leave your thoughts.

Specific Feedback Requested

All C&C welcome

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Nikon D800, Nikon 35-70 @ 52mm, f18 @ 1/13 sec, ISO 400, MLU, CPL, cable release & tripod.

2 Likes

Damn you beat me to it. :grinning:
I was gonna post my version of this shot. This is really nice. The comp, colors, and lighting are all great. The BB groundcover nicely balances the leaf canopy. The tree has a nice flow to it. To be super picky, I would clone out the thin branch curving up on the right.
:vulcan_salute: :vulcan_salute: