Dunlin Fly By

A morning shot of some Black Bellied Plovers resting as Dunlin fly about looking for a roost. Looking north across a river with mountains in far bg.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

I would have preferred better focus and locked on the birds on left piling.

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Does it work??

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
Cropped ff to a 16 x 9. I removed one bird exiting on right hand side and a spike from a piling.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

David - I like the energy and activity of all the birds. Also the soft blue orange in the background. Just a thought, would it have worked for you to crop the left side, just a bit to help focus on the three bird in the foreground? Lovely photo of the plovers.

Nice work showing all the activity in this place. The different layers of the photo add interest to me. Love the flying pose of the bird in the lower left.

Thanks Linda. It does seem a little bit centered or left heavy to me and taking some off the left side may help that. I would just need to leave room for the little Dunlin flying out of frame on bottom left. And thanks again for your comments

Thanks Allen. I had not really noticed the layers as you have mentioned them.