Early morning sun peaks through the forest

Description:

An image from the Monongahela National forest located in WV. The rock formation in the foreground caught my eye and stirred my interest in this scene.

Specific Feedback Requested:

Any and all comments are welcomed

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Is this a composite? (focus stacks or exposure blends are not considered composites)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

I can see why, but wow, what is that square bit at the top? Did you move something and lose track of the layers? Looks to have been copied from the bottom of the frame. Also it seems a bit over sharpened or had too much clarity/texture added. I’d prefer a softer look since it is a striking image.

Thanks for the reply. I noticed the object which is a small crop of the leaves. I’m not sure how that occurred and I tried to delete the post but couldn’t find away to do that. Thanks again for the comments.

This is nicely seen - I love the way the sun rays follow the outcrop pattern. I’m with Kris that it looks oversharpened (or something). The quality is odd.

To edit or delete and replace a photo, click on the pencil icon below the original post. That will bring up an editing screen where you can replace a photo, add a rework, etc.

Hi, Thanks for the help but nothing seems to work as you described. I did a re-post of the original image but still not able to see the window to delete the first post. I must say I am a bit frustrated at this point.