Evaporated Remains

This is another from my May Utah adventure. I believe the cyanish rock gets it color from bentonite in this area, there was a lot of it around.

D850, 70-200mm

2 Likes

Beautifully abstract qualities to this photo, Harley. Great detail in the dried mud. The curved lines on the dried salt and the dried mud flow very nicely around the photo right to the rock. Very nicely seen and captured.

Nice textures and tonal contrast. The comma shaped depression with the cracked mud nicely frame the contrasting smooth textured blue rock.

This is a wonderful abstract Harley, that Bentonite rock is the icing on the cake. The white section at the top adds so much much visual interest here, I’m glad that you included as much of it as you did. The mud cracks almost look like the fossilized remains of some prehistoric sea creature, which would be fitting for Utah, I guess.

1 Like

The way the salt crystals in the upper part of the image illustrate the evaporation process is a nice touch. The medley of textures and shapes is so interesting. You could try playing with the black level here and see how it changes the mood. Nice detail of the desert.

The turquoise rock and rust colored mud compliment each other very nicely. Your image also has wonderful abstract qualities and appears well balanced with the salt crystals up top…

This is very nice Harley,
love the mood and composition here, especially the way the mud crack resemble a Trilobite (as @Ed_McGuirk note).

1 Like

I can’t add much, except that I too see some kind of creature’s spine here! This is a cool, tiny scene that fires up imaginations.