Everglades Fog

Critique Style Requested: Initial Reaction

Please share your immediate response to the image before reading the photographer’s intent (obscured text below) or other comments. The photographer seeks a genuinely unbiased first impression.

Questions to guide your feedback

do you like B&W?

Other Information

Please leave your feedback before viewing the blurred information below, once you have replied, click to reveal the text and see if your assessment aligns with the photographer. Remember, this if for their benefit to learn what your unbiased reaction is.

Image Description

Got up VERY early before most were still dreaming about their first cup of coffee.

Technical Details

35mm f 5.6

Specific Feedback

Opinions

Hello Louis. I like what you saw, and your treatment in making it black and white and a very ‘grainy’ effect gives it more a feeling of a pen and ink rendering, which I like. The composition is good, and I like how the darker area follows across the bottom of the frame. an artistic interpretation for sure and I personally like it.

Thanks. The foreground is actually a mud flats where alligators sometimes come in to lay half in the water and half in the sun, but not this morning without the sun. If I remember correctly it was taken with a Monochrom camera.