Fall Vortex

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Maybe not quite the same type of long exposure implied but nevertheless I hope this is appropriate. Taken with the shutter open for 30 seconds while I spun the lens in the tripod collar. I left it stationary for several seconds to get the leaves and branches to register and then spun the lens. This seemed to be the best of the bunch. All comments welcome. >=))>

Technical Details

Sony A77II
Sony 70-400 G @ 330mm, 9 stop ND
ISO 200, 30 seconds @ f22

1 Like

What a cool effect; way to think outside the box Bill. I think those lighter leaves in the vortex help draw the viewer into the scene. Very nicely done.

Bill, this is very colorful and it needs to be viewed thoughtfully. The mix of motion and subtle clarity is very intriguing. Definitely creative.

Hi Bill.
That turned out great! Really unique photo. What created the white ‘circle’ around the center?

Cameron: Thanks for your comment. I’m not completely sure but I think there was a white tip on one of the leaves that rendered the circle as I rotated the lens. My rotation was fairly smooth but jerky enough that it didn’t come out as a distinct perfect circle. >=))>

1 Like

Fascinating! It is evocative of a water reflection. Well done! The lighter shape encircling the leaves in the center makes the image very unique and interesting.

Hi Bill! This is a very cool effect. Nice technique to create to create this interesting image. I like it a lot. Well done!