Fallow Field And Woods

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

The fog was lifting off the valley floor creating some cool swirls above these trees, but this crop, with darkened processing, is a favorite. Not a low-key photo, as I understand the term, but the darkness seems to accentuate the very detailed small textures that will be invisible once the leaves appear.

Specific Feedback

I hope the viewer will find the whole scene worth exploring, but realize that without a particular subject, it might not catch the eye long enough to invite further exploration.

Technical Details

Canon R5, RF28-70 @62mm
1/4000 f/11 ISO 800
PS, LR, Topaz Sh AI (w/ NR)

1 Like

A lovely scene! I love the variation int he trees! I think you could consider going higher key, to emphasize the fog, and lower contrast on the FG.

I like this scene - but I’m always partial to fog. My only nit is the two or three little intruding branches on the right side that might be removed. And I’m with @Diane_Miller on wanting a little lower contrast in the FG.

I enjoy the nuance in this image and the subtlety of the earthy colour scheme. I tend to agree with the other comments. I just wanted to applaud you for creating a pleasing and restive scene.