Fixed address

Sitting in the sun with a friend, chatting and photographing tiny slices of beauty all around us I found this wee birch seedling sprouts from high on the rocky bank of the Pine River at Breakwater falls. Irresistible.

Specific Feedback Requested

Yeah, it’s probably just me, but it struck me as such a great example of the tenacity of nature and how any niche will be exploited. Any processing tips welcome.

Technical Details

Handheld

Lr to smooth tonalities, especially in the rock face, initial crop, too. Wb adjustment.
Ps for color masking to tone down the bg, add color to rock foreground to further reduce its weight. A sleight of hand clone stamping to cut a dip in the rock as well.

Kris, Lovely image. The back lit yellow leaves are dominant, and I don’t find the rock in the foreground is distracting as the bright yellow leaves grab the attention. You could try to darken the background further and see what it looks like.

Thanks Ravi - thanks for chiming in on this one. I post a lot of things that just don’t tickle anyone they way they do me. I thought about making the bg basically all one tone, but thought it might look too staged. Could add drama though.