Flames of Life

Image Description

This is an image from a recent hike in Donau Auen National Park, a riparian forest along Danube river east of Vienna. The first lush greens reminded me of flames reaching for the still bare trees in the background.

Specific Feedback and Self-Critique

Comments and critique are welcome.

1 Like

Hi Peter,

This is a fine image. I like the warm colored leaves as a screen for the white trunks behind. There’s a sense of mystery to what’s farther on which is appealing. A winning image, Peter. I guess I could see a bit more contrast in the image, but that’s truly a personal taste and really, it’s fine as is.

Well done.

Peter,

This is a lovely image; almost delicate. I see this as an image of seasonal transition. The trees up front just budding out against the more stark white trees in the back that are yet to transition (assuming they will…) And there’s actually like 3 layers if you include the further back, larger trunks that are a bit faint, relative to the upfron spring greens.

I could see playing around with some crops, but I think would just prove to be alternate views, not necessarily improving your original. I do see some symmetry on the right with two white trees nearly framing the large trunk in the background, where on the left you have a solitary white tree - Basically like there’s two independent elements that could be framed - vertical or square. Again, not sure if that would be better or not. As framed this is quite lovely.

Lon