Flex and Feather

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Amid the serenity of the blue, the darter’s feathers tell a story of life on the wing. As it scratches, each feather bends and flexes, a display of beauty and functionality intertwined, a natural marvel that reminds us to appreciate the quiet splendor of such everyday scenes.

Specific Feedback

Any feedback welcome.

Technical Details

300 mm at ISO 500 and 1⁄1250sec at ƒ/10

Hi Saundie. Another striking image. The angle of light provides a dramatic display of the feathers and textures on the bird. Love the pose you caught the bird in - that long neck and sharp beak are something else! The total sharpness of the bird is great too - f10 with a pretty fast shutter speed was a good choice. Pleasing BG also with the hint of clouds. Well done.

1 Like

Very cool! @Allen_Sparks said it for me!

Blacks feel very heavy but that could just be differences in taste. It is dramatic, just a bit different from the usual nature interpretation. But that isn’t something I can criticize, only point out. You are an advanced photographer so I’ll give you full credit for a somewhat unique viewpoint!

1 Like

Thanks Allen I haven’t done too much in the way of bird photography so all the advice is invaluable thanks for the feedback!:pray:

Thanks Diane! I do have a thing for those dark blacks! I don’t think I’ll claim the advanced photographer status yet, still have much to learn. Thanks for the feedback!:pray: