Foggy overlook

This was the view from an overlook near my home last week. Fog had rolled in was determined to stick around. I like how the trees (mostly cedar and oak) create organic horizontal lines amongst the fog.
Cropped from the right and left to eliminate tree limbs sticking into the frame. Also cropped from the bottom to remove some closer bushes. In ACR I cloned out utility wires that were running along the lower portion of trees. Added color grading luminosity mask to lighten the trees a bit and curves adjustment to push the histogram just a bit to the right.
Does it work in color? Can you see the hint of green? Also I see a small darkish area in the URC, not sure what it is or how to remove it or if it needs to be removed? Any thought, comments and suggestion would be welcomed.
Nikon Z6ii, f/6.3, 1/200sec., iso 100, @ 190mm
Thanks.

2 Likes

Looks good, my kind of image. I would clone out the URC. Content aware fill should work quite nicely. The hint of green is there and looks good. No other suggestions here.

1 Like

Pleasing high key landscape with good form and comp. I agree with Harley regarding the URC.

1 Like

Thanks, @Harley_Goldman and @David_Schoen. I did go back and applied content aware on the URC, worked great. . . .should have made that adjustment at the start. Lesson learned . Thanks again.

I like the layers of trees and how they gradually disappear into infinity. Nice job on your edits and I like the hint of green. Adds a bit of life to the image.

1 Like

Thanks, Kelly, I appreciate your kind thoughts.

Linda, I’m enjoying what feels like an alternative take on the standard “hills fading into the distance” shot, with the large amount of negative space that the sky provides. That negative space fits well with the heavy fog and limited visibility of the trees. Cleaning up the darkness in the urc sounds good.

Thanks, Mark. Yes, I did hesitate about that corner, prior to posting. For me, another example of “I need to listen to my gut instincts” before leaping.