Forest in the Mist

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

I shot this more, or less, from the road! We were on an interstate going into Tennessee, stopped at an overlook, and looked down the mountain to see this wonderful, misty scene. It was spring and the sun was hitting the young-leaved trees making them glow. We walked down the access road and spent quite a bit of time capturing a variety of misty images. This is one of my rare-ish color images!

Specific Feedback

The usual — does it work for the viewer? Any suggestions for improvement?

Technical Details

Canon EOS 5DsR; 70-200 mm f/4 lens; focal length 168 mm; ISO 640, f/25, .3 second. It was shot on a tripod. It is in my favorite aspect ratio — 3:1.

1 Like

Ooooohhh – yes, it works for me!! What a gorgeous scene with amazing light!!!

I was enjoying wandering around in it but sort of lost the wonderful fantasy when I got to the trees/sky in the UR corner. I think I’d be tempted to throw a little mist up there…

1 Like

Diane, Thanks! And, yes, I hadn’t really thought about that corner. I’ll modify it. Appreciate your feedback!

This definitely works for me, Susanna! The combination of light and mist make for a very inviting and wonderful image. I might be inclined to crop off that one section in the URC where the sky shows through. IMO that takes away a little of the fairy tale feel that this scene has. Beautifully done.