Misty hills

Critique Style Requested: In-depth

The photographer has shared comprehensive information about their intent and creative vision for this image. Please examine the details and offer feedback on how they can most effectively realize their vision.

Self Critique

The atmosphere is what captured me. I am pretty satisfied on a whole. However, I feel the challenge for me is balance between contrast and luminosity.

Creative direction

Mystique and atmosphere (my immediate emotions) is what I want to convey here.

Specific Feedback

Anything you would like to share. However, I am curious about thoughts on my choice of perspective and cropping.

Technical Details

ISO 80
f/16
190 mm
0,8 s

Description

This is an evening image taken in Toscana, Italy. I was intrigued by how the clouds kept rolling in and wanted to capture the mystique.

A beautiful misty scene, Gary. I think you conveyed your emotional response well. I do like the perspective, but when I spend some time looking at the image, I find myself really wanting to see more on the top (of course, not knowing what’s there it might be a total bust). Particularly my eye goes up that valley in the upper right corner and wants to keep going when I hit the edge.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback, Dennis! I’m glad you perceived the image as I hoped. I can see your point about wanting to see more of the image. That is the type of curiosity I want to convey. It could of course be debatted on whether the image should show more or not. I’ll play some more with different compositions. Thanks!