Frangipani Skies

The light was beautiful on this day and I was trying a few compositions when the sky started to take on a slightly more green hue. I managed to get two shots in before the lens became a polka dot nightmare. I was first attracted to the shot because of how translucent the leaves became as the sun shone through them. The white lines and blobs are from the rain.

Specific Feedback Requested

All comments are welcome.

Technical Details

1/250 f/11 ISO 160

2 Likes

This is wonderful @AndreDonawa!

I really enjoy the crop - it works super well with what’s framed within. My only suggestion would be to maybe introduce a slight amount of saturation to the blues in the backdrop. I think if you had just a bit more, it could really boost up the color contrast of the wonderful greens and red/pink tones.

What ever way you take it - it’s going to be a great scene! All the best.

Thanks Martin. Good call with the saturation.

Lovely! I really enjoy photos that look up through the trees. This has a nice balance of branches/leaves/flowers. The ULC and URC catch my eye, though, because of the soldi branches(?) there. I could see a tiny crop from the URC, keeping the same aspect ratio. Although that would bring that center flower too close to the edge. Maybe cloning out the corner “blobs”?

1 Like

Thanks for your suggestions @Bonnie_Lampley

I find this a very pleasing image. I, too, like floral images looking upward at the sky. I would agree with the suggestion to see how the image looks with more saturation in the sky-I tend to like the contrast of blues and greens.

Thanks for the suggestions @Allen_Brooks @Bonnie_Lampley @Martin_Gonzalez

4 Likes

Looks great to me!

1 Like

Excellent eye! This is a very effective composition. Abstract and real at the same time.

Thanks for the comments @Tony_Kuyper