Giant Meadow Saffron ?

Critique Style: Standard

The photographer is looking for thoughtful feedback on the image as a whole, especially around the areas noted below.

Feedback Focus: Artistic + Technical

About This Image

Thought I’d give focus stacking a try. A friend from our photo club, who does excellent macro work, is using a program called Macro Studio Pro, so I thought I’d try it out. This flower is growing in our yard and comes up briefly in the fall. Not really sure of the ID, other than what iNaturalist said.

Feedback Requested

As I’m new to this, any advice would be appreciated.

Technical Details

Camera: Canon R5
Lens: 100 mm macro
Focal length: 100 mm
Shutter speed: 1/250
Aperture: 5.0
ISO: 200
24 Stack using the Focus Stacking feature in the R5.

Allen: Looks great to me. There is a lot of implied, almost explosive, energy with this. I also really like the color palette and your comp. Nicely done and pretty darn good work on the stack as far as I can see. >=))>

Hi Allen,
Boy, does this one open up on the larger view. The textures in the purple color (or maybe I should just call them lines) are really interesting. At first it looks almost like little squares, but then when I open it up, it feels a little reptilian. Cellularity is simply fascinating, and this one has an abundance of it where I would least expect it.

Thanks for sharing,

ML