Good Morning Cove Bay

I originally planned to get to this location earlier but I got lost along the way. I parked down by the flat grassland and ran along the coast to this vantage point. My settings are not ideal for the shot; they are probably from a previous session, or I might have just wanted to take it before the light changed.

Specific Feedback Requested

All comments are welcome.

Technical Details

1/160 sec f/9 ISO 640 I shot bracketed but I think I ended up using one exposure.

1 Like

Andre

AD! Hey man! Thanks for participating in the critique.

I will start off by saying, I like what you did with the composition here. That sweeping shoreline leads me right to the sun! Nicely composed scene. The colors and contrast look good, and I don’t have much to add in those regards. The only suggestions I have is to bring down the highlights slightly in the sky, particularly the area around the sun. Some type of restricted lights or red channel selection/luminosity mask will help there. Lastly I might play with that section of rocks on the left in the foreground. I would be super tempted to just clone that area out with some of the surrounding grass. It would give that foreground a much cleaner look.

DT

Hey David,

Thanks for your comments and suggestions.
I’ll give them a try.

1 Like