Gray Taking Five

These guys are usually pretty active in our backyard but every once in a while I see one taking a pause like this.

Specific Feedback Requested

I intentionally left those leaves that are trickling in on the top. I thought it kinda filled in that large, light top area some, and broke it up a bit. Yeah? No?

Technical Details

D500, Nikon 200-500 lens, Nikon 1.4 TC, monopod, 1/1000th, f 8.0, 480mm, ISO 1400, cropped to 4558 x 3460, AI Clear.

2 Likes

I love it when they do this. Nice catch. If you can, I’d add more leaves than that if you have them in the frame or in another one. As it is it’s too little and too distracting, IMO. It doesn’t look like a deliberate choice, but an accident. Great DOF and focus on the critter though.

Very nice, excellent cute factor here, Dave.

Nice pose you captured Dave and the sharpness on the head is very good. Nice subject placement in the frame and I like the look we have from in front of the squirrel. I think this is good as presented but you might want to try a version taking the top leaves out and darkening the sky (I use NIK Viveza 3 control points for such actions).

I just love the relaxed pose and the body language !
You may deepen the sky and if you have some more canvas on the top, may include more of leaves.