Happy World Lion Day!

Pertinent technical details or techniques: canon 7D; 500 mm; ISO 400; 1/320 sec. at F 7.1

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

Wow, Jagdeep; that is just a gorgeous capture! Always good when you can catch the animal looking at you, and the browns and tans, while muted colors, are gorgeous! I even like the branch crossing in front of her/him, to add a sense of the environment. Well done!

1 Like

What an excellent capture of this young Lion, Jagdeep. The eyes are so intense. Wonderful details in the fir. I too like the limb crossing in front of him, as it seems more in the wild with the grasses and limb. Just a wonderful shot. :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Totally agree. With the eyes focused on something toward the camera but not directly, this little guy is clearly an attacker, undeterred by the obstacle branch. To me the branch is key to the story. Fine catchlight in the eyes.
As a suggestion, you might burn the brighter areas of the lower left, as they are a bit of an eye magnet. Maybe top right bright area, also.

What a cutie, Jagdeep. Beautiful image and great sentiment.

Gorgeous lighting on this little guy. Happy Lion Day to you too. Well done…Jim

An exceptional capture of this intense little cub, Jagdeep! Perfect exposure, amazing detail and I agree with others that the branch in front actually enhances the image. I wouldn’t change a thing. VERY nice shot! :+1: :clap: