Hawk with very busy background

Unlike the earlier shot of a hawk where I replaces=d the entire background, I actually liked this one because most of the branches are relatively thin and fairly in focus, so it creates a sense of habitat to me, rather than a distraction. I did remove two nearly vertical branches very close to either side of the bird’s head.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Anything you can think of.

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Does this work with the busy background?

Any pertinent technical details:

7DII, Sigma 150-600 C @ 600 mm, hand held from car window (couldn’t use beanbag as I had to shoot almost straight backwards from the window for this one), f/8, 1/800, iso 2000, manual exposure. This was still a bit underexposed because the clouds were building up in the afternoon, so I had to add 3/4 stop to the background and over a stop to the bird in post processing. Processed in LR & PS CC. Slight straightening and resultant crop to get rid of the triangles. Taken at 2:52 pm on December 19th at Ridgefield NWR.

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

I do like the habitat - even if it is a jungle!
I’d probably compromise and remove a good bit of the stuff, leaving, perhaps, the 2 horizontal branches and their extensions behind the bird, and junking all of those around the tail.
Cooperative hawk!
I miss Ridgefield - went there often when i lived in Sandy and Portland.
Sandy

I like the look of natural habitat, more realistic imo. I agree it adds to the image instead of subtracting from it.

PP looks really good, nice and sharp and good tonal range. Nothing wrong with the branches.

Great view of the hawk and a nice look-back pose. I like the high-key background. For my tastes, the limbs cross into distracting territory. I’d evict a substantial portion of them. I also see some noise on the hawk’s face that i’d try and reduce. Y’all seem to have your Ridgefield birds well-trained!