Holding On

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Nothing in particular, but advice on technical improvements is always welcome.

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

I made quite a few edits to enhance the existing light and color. I’m not sure about that patch of blue sky on frame right; I burned it down a bit, but it still sort of sticks out to me.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Single shot; Sony a7, 24-105mm @ 24mm, f/16, 1/200s, ISO 1000.

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

Hi Bonnie, very pleasing with that sidelight. The composition is superb I think with the way the cloud is positioned in the image against the shrubs. I do not have any suggestions, I think this is right on in every respect.

Thanks, @Adhika_Lie.

Bonnie,

Oh My, this is outstanding! Whatever you did (don’t need/want to know…) resulted in a gorgeous image. First the light on the grasses and wind-blown sand is gorgeous. Next, you’ve got a very complimentary sky. BTW, I don’t mind/care too much about the patch of blue on the right. I suppose y ou could darken it, if just a little. Not too much or it wouldn’t look natural. Lastly, the ripples in the sand along with the pieced of buried grasses are just as wonderful as the rest of the frame. I like the balance here of the three main elements as well.

No nits or suggestions. Just wow.

Lon

Excellent. I don’t have any suggestions to improve it. I love the gentle side lighting and the wind driven look.
:vulcan_salute:

Bonnie, This is wonderful. The light is beautiful and I love the feel of motion in the grass. The ripples in the sand add a great touch along with those highlighted areas. I don’t mind the area of blue sky on the right at all. Very nice work!

Hi @Bonnie_Lampley, amazing light, theres not much i would change on this image, the sky doesnt bother me, that lone grass on the right side its a bit more jumpy than the skyes, i would, maybe, brush it out. That being said its still a great image.

Thanks for sharing, cheers,
João Ferrão

Bonnie, a really impressive image, it makes me feel like I am there with the wind blowing against me. Your processing is outstanding, the rich quality of the light really shines through in this image. Beautiful work here…

Thank you gentlemen, @Ed_McGuirk, @João_Ferrão, @Nick_Bristol, @Michael_Lowe, and @Lon_Overacker. I’m pleased that you all enjoyed this. @João_Ferrão, I know what you’re saying about that one separate grass, but I’m always loathe to clone out the bits that are eccentric, but not too disruptive. Maybe I’ll just tone it down a bit.

Bonnie, this is a lovely beach view. The raking light, the strong shapes in the sand and the wind blown grasses are complemented perfectly by the cloudy sky. I wouldn’t change a thing.

Excellent image. There is so much passion and emotion here. Great vision to capture this moment.