I though I start with the City Eagles, that was were I stopped photographing birds

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

This Eagle pair, lives in the back of the BigY supermarket. For the past 4 years they have razed one or two chicks each year. This year it looks like they have two chicks.

Specific Feedback

any

Technical Details

Canon R5, Canon 110-500mm & 1.4ext, 700mm, f10, 1/1600, ISO 1000. The shots are grouped by around 60% and in DXO PhotoLab 7, I used local control points and a brush to adjust shadows.

Critique Template

Use of the template is optional, but it can help spark ideas.

• Emotional Impact:
  • Mood Creation:
  • Composition:
  • Balance and Visual Weight:
  • Depth and Dimension:
  • Textures and Patterns:
  • Use of Color:
  • Lighting:
  • Subject and Genre:
  • Post-processing:
  • Technical Aspects:
2 Likes

Welcome back, Peter! It’s good to see you take up where you left off.

These are great action shots with some really dynamic poses. The brightest highlights on the top of the head are losing detail but that’s also partly due to the glancing line of sight on those surfaces. The beak looks pretty bright and perhaps blown out a bit in a couple of these, but not badly. I suspect you can bring it down pretty easily.

I’m really looking forward to more of your Eagles and your adventures on the river.

1 Like

These are great action shots Peter. I love the wing positions. It makes me think of take off/landings at the local airport here. Dennis has pointed out that the bright spots could be toned down a bit. Keep them coming.

HI Dennis & Ed
I used a couple of control points the town down age head and beak.
What do you think?
Peter

Makes a lot of difference Peter. I can see some detail in the whites now. :slightly_smiling_face:

Nice job, Peter. I like the results.

Nice poses Peter and I like the reposts. Bird seems a bit soft to me. Still fine captures.