I Was Framed

I can’t imagine any image being easier to capture than this one. After Mike and I pulled into the parking lot to walk down to Pembleton Point we noticed this lovely arrangement of color; sitting along the edges of the parking area; begging to be photographed. I particularly liked the way the reds/ oranges of the maples framed the yellow/greens of the smaller tree. Hopefully this does not look to cut off at the bottom as I could not put much more into the frame without the asphalt showing.

Anyway, thanks for taking a moment to leave a thought.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

All C&C welcome

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

All C&C welcome

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
Nikon D800, Nikon 80-200 @ 155mm, f 16 @ 1/15 sec, ISO 800, CPL, cable release & tripod

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

This is really good, Ed. It’s superb. I like that the yellow leaves near the bottom edge are more muted. Otherwise the yellow would ‘bleed’ out of the frame. The colors and their rendition are really well done. Looking forward to seeing more of your fine work from New England.

hi @Ed_Lowe,

i like the concept of this image for its simplicity. two things come to my mind:

• the greenish tone of the yellow leaves feels a bit off for me. i would like the yellow to be a bit warmer.

• the yellow tree is nicely centered on the horizontal axis but feels a bit close to the bottom of the frame. any chance you have bit more there to give it more room to breathe?

cheers,
joerg

Beautiful, Ed. Great color and color contrast. I agree with Igor on the darkened yellow leaves at the bottom and I might even take it a bit further. No other suggestions, most enjoyable.

Ed, your image shows how nature can make people happy.With it’s beautiful colors. Well made in a fine composition !

This is really nice Ed, it’s almost like the yellow tree has a spotlight shining upon it. It’s a simple but effective composition. I like how the branch of the orange tree hangs above as a framing element. And as others have already mentioned, I like the muted bottom. Good color separation between the yellow and the orange in your processing, it contributes to the spotlight effect. Very nice…

Ed, the yellow against orange looks great. Yes, a bit more room at the bottom would be nice, but asphalt at the bottom would be notably worse. I like those two trunks showing in the upper left, that adds some balance.

It really was an easy shot wasn’t it except for the rain LOL. You know I think it’s a great shot because I also took the same shot. :grin: :grin:

This is very nice Ed. I love the framing, and of course the color is lovely. I could see lightening up the darkest tree trunks that show through the orange leaves, because they distract me a bit from the rest of the image. Well done!