Isolated

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

I was on the deck of the Orion, which is part of the Lindblad fleet of vessels, enjoying the coastline of Iceland and clicked a quick burst of images of this farm. When ever I look at this and other similar images, I have to ask myself…why would you live in this isolated spot?

Technical Details

Sony a7r M111 /70-200 mm lens f8/400th sec

@Jmill59, I love what to me is a tranquil feel of this image. There is great contrast between the rugged coastline and velvety feel of the hill behind the house. I think the green vegetation in the rocks softens the starkness of the contrast. Having lived in southern California for several years, I can think of several million reasons to be in such an isolated spot:). Good catch from the ship.

1 Like

Marlin, I appreciate the comment and I do understand the flight from congestion . However ,at times I still have too scratch my head…LOL Have a good day!

I don’t see how you could make this any better. You’ve conveyed so well the quality of modest human settlements amid the vastness of the dramatic Icelandic landscape. I especially enjoy that you included the rocky foreground.

This definitely has the isolated feel to it James. The greens are so nice surrounding the clean white of the farm building. I love the fence lines ending at those rugged cliffs. It truly gives a feeling of peaceful quietude.