It was windy last night

Another from the archives ā€“ I really wish I had been more careful about focusing and trying a slightly better angle, but I was hand-holding a fairly heavy rig and aiming way over my head. (I had been going through a phase of trying my luck at shallow DOF on leaves with a hint of interesting OOF branches behind them.)

Specific Feedback Requested

All comments welcome!

Technical Details

Canon 5D 2, Canon 70-200 f/2.8 at 160, f/3.5, 1/1500 sec, ISO 200. This is just the raw file, redone but with little improvement. Big crop.

2 Likes

I love spindled leaves like this! Even if it was far overhead, good job seeing it. Funny about the phases we go through with photography - all part of the learning process. The branches are a little much here, but short of pruning them Iā€™m not sure what else you could have done. I like the blue and brown combination.

@Kris_Smith, I should have at least lightened that lower curving branch. I almost deleted it on technical grounds but it had just enough interest to survive ā€“ for now. But not enough to warrant a trip to PS.

Have to agree with @Kris_Smith about the branches, but the pierced leaf is just fantastic!