Jack

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

I got this gal hoping across a yellow field under yellow orange mid afternoon smoky cloud cover from all of the CA wildfires. I liked how the warm tone showed. D500, Nikon 1.4 TC, hand held, 1/2000th, f 8.0, 700mm, ISO 900, AI Clear, cropped to 4118 x 3153

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Dave, you’ve captured it nicely against a clean, complementary background. The angle is a bit different (slightly from behind), but works fairly well since we still have a good view of the face. My favorite part is seeing the detail on the back of those massive ears.

I don’t mind the choice to leave the subject in the top part of the frame, but I am wondering if you had any more canvas left to include in front of it (to the left).

Max

Wonderful action well captured. A bit unconventional with the animal running away from you, but completely natural, and the ears do make it! The frozen action makes that complaint a small matter, for me. The BG is so nice and the colors perfect. The smoky skies, sad as they are, have provided some wonderful light.