Hidden Jack

I came upon this jackrabbit and when it saw me I hunkered down, and lowered its ears, thinking it was hidden which gave me plenty of time to get it focused and shot.

Specific Feedback Requested

Cropping okay?

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
D500, Nikon 200-500 lens, Nikon 1.4 TC, hand held, 1/2000th, f 8.0, 700mm, ISO 1050, AI Clear, cropped to 5126 x 3414.

3 Likes

How beautiful, Dave! I love all the shades of brown. With how the rabbit is camaflouged in the pretty grasses gives it a fine art look

Excellent ! The hidden view works very nicely here… :+1:

What Jackrabbit?
(Great camouflage shot).

Cropping just right for me. You hunkered down well! I think its eye is the giveaway for Jack. He kept it open for the camera.

Dave,

This is very nice. The curved branches above the rabbit pulls my eye down to the subject perfectly. Shows the viewere what nature is about. Well done…Jim

Excellent! Glad it thought it was hidden and gave you a great chance, which you took advantage of!

Dave, it’s really cool how the grasses swirl around the subject. Well seen, and nice job getting low to get the shot.

Looking at the larger version, it seems to me the focus just a tick off (on the grasses just behind the rabbit), but some selective sharpening would probably fix just fine.

It’s beautifully framed and captured! I just love, how you managed to get a clear eye.
I echo Max Waugh’s views, the focus appears to be on the back ear, you may selectively sharpen the eye for better output.