Just one

Rosemary Flower

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: iso 800, 100-400 at 400, f5.6, 2000th, A7R4, handheld, cloudy, less than 20% full frame, minimal processing.

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

A really cool looking flower, David. I don’t think I’ve ever seen on close up before. There’s so much interesting structure in this bloom, that I think it would have benefited from a stack to bring it all out. I never knew they had a bloom like this and I think I’m going to have to get one just for that.

Yes, an intricate flower and a tasteful cooking herb. Think lamb. Way to windy to do a stack but I might try indoors if I ca get a good BG.

David, this is a very interesting looking flower. We enjoy fresh rosemary in a number of recipes and have grown some in pots, but I never saw it flower. I like the mix of colors and shapes in the background.

David, I feel honesty is the best policy, so I will say I find the BG a little distracting JMHO