Just Reeds

Blairs Loch, Moray, Scotland

At the edge of a small manmade lochan in Forres a reed bed bursting with life, Reed Mace, and Yellow Flag Iris. I found these delicate overlapping shape of leaves and shoots reflected in the surface of the water. I loved its monochromatic simplicity and odd graphic yet some how cohesive composition and isolated the best bits with a long zoom lens. I am very pleased with the results, not sure anyone else will greet it quite so enthusiastically though.

2 Likes

It is appealing, in that odd way. It’s almost abstract because it feels flattened. But we can clearly see the subjects - that makes is sort of surreal.

1 Like

Wow this is really nice, Ian. That lower right complex of leaves bothers me a lot though with the intersection w/ the other reed… I don’t know why it is bothering me. Maybe others will find it interesting though… overall this is a really well-executed image though!

Wonderfully creative image, Ian. I also like the graphic quality that you mentioned. I agree with Matt that the intersection in the LRC bothers me a little, but since it’s the one element that adds a sense of depth, it also creates an interesting visual paradox within the image.

1 Like