Keynote

One of my favorite B&W images - I found this little scene while tooling around back roads here in Northern Wisconsin. It’s a hill! Not many of those around here so I had to stop.

Specific Feedback Requested

All impressions and ideas for improvement are welcome.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Lumix GH3
Lumix G Vario 12-35mm f/2.8 lens @ 35mm (70mm equiv.)
f/7 | 1/400 sec | ISO 250
handheld

Lr processed for a lot of tonal adjustment - mostly to the whites to make them really white and eliminate most details from the field and the sky. Gradient filters with luminosity range masks did most of it, but Photoshop to clone out some weeds from the field. Cropped 16:10.

@the.wire.smith
2 Likes

Nice simple and effective scene. I would try cropping some off the bottom and see how it changes the balance of the image. No other thoughts come to mind.

1 Like

Kristen, the work you did to simplify the image has produced an excellent photo. Good use of the distant tree line to bring the viewer’s eye in from the left and point to the foreground tree. No suggested changes.

Really love the big tree and then the line up of smaller looking distant trees. The snow looks perfect! It’s great as black and white. I agree with @Harley_Goldman about the crop, maybe 16x9.