Steady and pure

From last winter’s Rime Ice event - maples, birches and poplars are coated in beautiful white. Against a blue sky - who could resist? I wandered dizzily looking up for the right grouping.

Specific Feedback Requested

I deliberately went light on the contrast here so it wouldn’t feel oppressive.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Handheld - probably manual mode since I usually use that for snow stuff

Lightroom for processing, but it didn’t need much. White and black points. Sharpening and texture in the snow and trunks. Basics. Lens correction probably.

@the.wire.smith
1 Like

Gorgeous, Kris. What’s not to like; the perspective and colors are outstanding. Looks like it was worth the trip. Nicely done.

1 Like

Very lovely! I love the relatively light sky and the amount of detail in the trunks, which works well with the very detailed icy limbs. Makes me cold to look at it!

1 Like

Hi Kris! I really like this image! The bright white ice on the branches contrasts beautifully with the clear blue sky. Good decision to go lightly there as more contrast could be overpowering. Good detail and perspective too. Well done!

1 Like

Thanks @linda_mellor, @Diane_Miller & @Steve_Kennedy - frosty trees are irresistible. Funny you mention it being worth the trip - I’d say it was. I just walked down my street to a bit of woods and wandered in. I do that a lot, actually. One of these days I should wander the other way - to the dead end.