Snow on branches

Image:

Description:

One of my favorite walks takes me along the margin of a woods where the branches of Sugar Maple overhang a field. The snow stuck to them and fell against the wooded backdrop in ways I found very beautiful.

Specific Feedback Requested: any and all

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Sony 6000, 1/400, f/6.3, 210mm, ISO400 with minor adjustments to tone curves and sharpening in LR

2 Likes

Just beautiful to my eye, John - and very relaxing.

Hi John,
that’s a really beautiful scene. You captured the snowfall very well. I love the subtle greens and browns in the background. And there is some nice glow on the snow-covered branches.

When I first saw that image, I thought it looks as if you are looking at a frozen ice surface in which the branches are enclosed.

Beautiful John. I like how the lines of the branches stand out against the pixelated backdrop from the falling snow. I would crop a bit off the top as the darker empty space makes the image feel a little unbalanced… but maybe that’s what you were going for.

Thank you all. @AndreDonawa , I appreciate your suggested cropping and agree it will improve the balance.