East Montpelier new snow

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

The margin of the woodlot where this tree grows is one of my favorite spots to photograph the tree branches reaching out into whatever is going on in the world, in this case new snow.

Specific Feedback

any and all

Technical Details

Sony 6000, 200mm, 1/400, f/6.3, ISO 400 with minor cropping, sharpening and tonal adjustments in LR

1 Like

I love the Tone and the Lines … Really Nice

I like the composition and the texture created by the falling snow. Graceful snow capture.

Beautiful image, John. I love the composition with the snow-covered branches reaching out from the right side of the frame. The falling snow is very well captured, too.

I like this image a lot, the mood and composition are just great.

For me the image has a somewhat mysterious mood, and it seems like the tree branches are reaching out for the stars of the universe.

I like a lot the structure of the branches and how you have cropped the tree. It is also good that the branches are coming into the frame from the right side, making the image a little bit more dynamic than the more common compositional tool making things flow from left to right. The subtle green color from the conifers in the BG add a lot to the quality of the image. The lighting of the tree branches is just perfect for them to stand out against the BG.

The only thing I could come up with to improve is the brighter snow area towards the ULC, for me its brightness is a little bit too attention-dragging. That area could be darkened a tad.

The image could also be made more abstract by for instance rotating it so that the branches are pointing downwards.

Well seen and captured!

I love this image . Very successful composition and very good positioning of the subject, in this case the branches of the tree.
A lovely abstraction whit a magical atmosphere.
Congratulations!