End of day snow

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Dark comes early in January here in Vermont. I’ve darkened this slightly from what it was actually like and love the way the snow contrasts with the darkness.

Specific Feedback

any and all

Technical Details

Sony6000,100mm, 1/200, f/5.6,ISO160 with adjustments to tone curves in LR

1 Like

Hi John, you made a beautiful and intriguing picture with nice black and white contrast. I can feel the cold and the wind! The diagonal curved lines from left to right let me feel the snowy wind.
A little crop left will take away the two disturbing corners of the branches.
Well done, John!

Another beautiful snow scene, John! I also love the contrast of the snow against the dark background, and I think the way you’ve darkened the image gives it a degree of mystery. I agree with @HennyJA that a slight crop on the left side of the image might remove a couple small distractions. The picture certainly conveys the darkness of winter. Well done!

@HennyJA and @John_Kilgour , thank you for your enthusiasm and your suggestion, well made, to crop a bit off the left side. Will do!

I also like that you’ve chosen to go with a dark background. It’s something a bit different, and it really makes the snow pop. It absolutely becomes the focus and the lines of the tree really stand out.

I agree with you John, the contrast is great. Very nice image.