White on White

Snow covered tree at Inniswood Metro Gardens, Columbus, Ohio, taken during a walk during a snowstorm in December 2020.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any feedback welcome

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Fuji XT3, ISO 400. Lensbaby Velvet 56 - not sure of settings because Lensbaby doesnt record settings.

@robertakayne
1 Like

I like the velvet glow (recently purchased one myself) and the shape of this tree. I like that you could fill the frame frame with it, and what could be a bit distracting behind it is minimized by the white conditions and lens properties.

Roberta, i really love the scene and the feeling of cold and winter. Honestly, the lensbaby effect really isn’t working for me in this particular scene.

Roberta, the tree and the heavy snow covering look good. I’m with Harley in feeling like the glowing snow is too much.

@Harley_Goldman @Mark_Seaver Thank you both for your feedback! I like the pic, but I certainly understand that lensbaby effects do not appeal to everyone, especially landscape photographers who want everything in perfect focus! :slight_smile:

@karlag Thank you for your very kind comments! I appreciate your stopping by to give me feedback!