Exposure
Aperture: f/11
Shutter Speed: 1/400s
Scene Mode: Landscape
Exposure Comp.: 0EV
Exposure Tuning:
Metering: Matrix
ISO Sensitivity: Auto (ISO 400)
Last year’s picture, tried hands on landscape, in tripod, VR was off unfortunately
Image from Ladakh, J&K, India

Any pertinent technical details:

Hi Nishand, I can sort of see what you were doing with this photo. I think you might have been trying to show the trees mimicking the mountains. In my opinion, this shot would work better without the trees. Because they are so much darker and have so much more contrast they become the focus of the image when I think you really want the mountains to be the focus. If you had been able to get quite a bit higher so that the tops of the trees were at the very bottom of the scene that might have helped. The other aspect of the trees which is distracting is the gap on the bottom right. If this had been filled in with trees as well that too would have helped. I hope this is helpful.

1 Like

Nishand, I think your processing of the exposure and contrast for this image looks good, the light on the trees and mountains is great. I might consider adding a little more contrast in the shadows on the mountains, but not a lot. To me, the top half of this image is much more interesting than the bottom half, and you may want to consider a panoramic crop.

Thank you very much Mr Erik, for your valuable insight. Will try the adjustments for frame it better next time. Thank you once again,

With regards
Nishand Venugopal

1 Like

Thank you very much Mr Ed for your valuable comment. Will keep these suggestions in mind.

With regards
Nishand Venugopal

Nishand,

I too see where you’re going with this and what you saw and tried to capture. Agree with other comments, but have an alternate suggestion. Since the bulk of tree on the left is dark with no detail, how about a complete crop off the left? Yeah, you lose one of the peaks, but then I think the tips of the Poplars(?) mimick nicely the remaining peaks.

Other minor suggestions would be to clone out the pipe and the intruding poles/sticks. Also, very minor but looks like some of the mid-tone shadows on the mid-range mountains are slightly blue. Not a big deal.

You’ve got a great sky and set of clouds and I think that really helps offset the dominance of the foreground trees.

Lon

Thank you very much for your valuable suggestion.

With regards
Nishand Venugopal