Late Summer

We were out for a day, looking for cleaner air, which we found in the Fall River Valley (northern California). It was the middle of the day, with rather uninspiring light, so when we stopped for a snack, I fooled around with some ICM just for grins. This one rather appealed to me. I deliberately tried to stop the movement a bit to get that one bit of darker fallen tree to be +/- in focus.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any critique is welcome.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
a7r3, 105mm, f/22, 1/6s, ISO 100, no filter. Did local dodging/burning and color adjustments, global exposure adjustment to brighten.

bonnie_lampley
3 Likes

I love this Bonnie! It definitely has the look and feel of late summer! It’s beautiful! Nice work as always!

Excellent, Bonnie. Well done. I love the dreamy feel of this.

I love this type of image the pastel colors with the darker bark’s of the tree’s .Excellent
I would but this is my personal touch add a little more contrast to the image.

Bonnie, the pastel colors and high key treatment work well here. The bits of darker trees add some extra interest. There’s a nice dreaminess here as well as a modernist painting sense.

Thanks @Vanessa_Hill, @David_Bostock, @Avi_Hirschfield, and @Mark_Seaver. Avi, I maybe could live with a touch more contrast - will have to consider it.

The longer I look at the image, the more I like it…It’s almost as if the paler color acts as a “fog” for the eye that clears as you look.

@ariella, thanks. I agree that it looks a bit foggy, which I liked, too.

Gorgeous! You got a very pleasing movement with intriguing details to keep the viewer entertained for a long time. The fallen tree is the perfect touch!

I might consider a gradient darkening from the bottom.

1 Like