Leucistic Squirrel

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

A neighborhood friend made me aware of a leucitic white squirrel in the neighborhood so I went out early this morning looking for it and found it. I got lots of shots and this is one of my favorite poses it gave me. This is the 6th leucistic critter I’ve shot here! I shot a doe, two other squirrels, and a pair twin deer. Something in the water?!

Specific Feedback

I thought about cropping more off of the bottom. I also thought of cloning out the two cut of branches. What say you?

Technical Details

Z9, Nikon 200-500 lens, monopod, 1/1600th, f 8.0, 480mm, ISO 25600, Photo AI, cropped to 2422 x 1820

I love the contrast between textured trunk and smooth coat of Squirrel.
Before seeing the techs, I was trying to guess that it appeared to be a long zoom lens :slightly_smiling_face: Somehow It looks like that lens is back focussing ?
As for the cut branches, you may just clone the color and not texture.

I think the AF picked up on its tail instead of its eye on looking closely. Also I considered making this a B&W. That would take care of the cut branches colors. Appreciate your input. Here’s a copy in B&W, and with more sharpening of the squirrel’s head area. Better?