Little ground squirrel

What technical feedback would you like if any? any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? any

Any pertinent technical details:

Canon 5D Mark iv EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Hi Lisa. I like the side lighting on this squirrel and the pose is great. Some of the brighter grasses compete a lot with the squirrel. You could use one of the repair tools in your processing software to eliminate the brightest ones and crop a bit tighter to help emphasize the squirrel. Another trick to help draw attention where you want it is to add brightness and contrast to the eye since humans like to focus on that feature of the anatomy.

Thanks for the help. I am great with the gear but I don’t have a natural artist’s eye. I think this web site will help me a lot in training my eye.

You don’t really say what settings you use or what you process with but you have nice equipment, a nice eye and a nice point of view.
The subject and the pose is really nice. I would lower the highlights, crop tighter if you can and reduce the saturation of everything except the squirrel.

Hi Lisa!
You have a cute subject, beautiful side lighting and some behavior too !
If you include the f stop and shutter speed in the specs, that would further help understanding and analyzing the image.
Bright highlights are bit disturbing, lesser DOF could have helped the image, but I understand that you were shooting with a zoom lens with higher f stop.