Little Red

What technical feedback would you like if any?

any

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
D3400, 1/640, !SO 1600, f/ unknown, 500mm with 14mm extension tube … first time trying a tube on a long lensRed%20sm

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Real nice look at the Cardinal and it shows well against the green background. I’d consider cropping to remove the bar and feeder opening on the left.

Very nice job on the Cardinal, Michael. Excellent detail, a nice pose, and the saturation looks right on, which can be difficult with these. My only suggestion would be to put up some nice looking perches around your feeding station to get more natural looking images (see David Schoen’s images for some excellent examples).

thanks Allen and Dennis, I’m trying Dennis … I moved the feeders into a tree hanging from a branch but sometimes the birds just don’t cooperate, great photo’s, this blue bird did cooperate but photo is not as sharp.